Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Treasured Things...

Hello Lovelies~

Well, here we are again looking at many exciting things at The Stapelia Company. First, I was featured in another treasury by Jen at Quench Metalworks. A beautiful treasury and if you haven't seen her jewelry, well then trot right over and take a look, she's on the Maine Team with me and has some beautiful items.



Also, I am working out the details to have a little booth at the Old Port Festival here in Portland Maine on June 7th. It's the biggest festival in Maine with music and artisans and food and I will keep you posted on my progress in case you're in the area and want to stop by and say "hi". I would love to meet you!

I am also making progress on that Alice in Wonderland series of macro photography I mentioned. Here are some sketches of the hookah smoking caterpillar who will be just one of many characters I bring to life in my mini dramas so stay tuned!

    

Also, I have discovered yet another interesting Etsy photographer. If you haven't stopped by Emporium 51, go do it. These surreal and dreamlike photos really "get" the idea of fantasy and whimsy in my opinion. Kelly or Vanne or just E, really takes some beautiful photos. Here are a couple of my favorites:

    

And lastly, a little bit of humor that those of you who follow me on Twitter will have already heard. I was working out the other day, watching Tom & Jerry at the gym (yes, I know, but it's better than news folks, believe me), and a McDonald's commercial came on and I looked and I looked and darned if Ronald McDonald isn't looking a spot like Bea Arthur of the Golden Girls these days. Golden arches? More like Golden G-I-R-L-S. Whew. Good times.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

5 comments:

melroska said...

ooh, love the photography. thanks for the tip.

cabin + cub said...

great sketches... can't wait to see the series when its done.
And great pics you found!... i love the Marie Antoinette-y one... reminds me of Sophia Copolla's beautiful film.

Unknown said...

Cabin + Cub That's what I thought when I saw it too! So beautiful.

hy said...

ha ha...
thats funny! golden girls! i love them...
there is a quiz on FB about which golden girl you are... i personally see myself as blanche.. the quiz said i was rose... oh well..
love those photos and your sketches!

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Ronald McD has always been a bit creepy...as is The Burger King, and he's making quite the comeback these days, haha! Just stopping by to say hello and thanks for all your nice comments on MY blog!

Tina aka Pfeiffer Photos