Monday, April 18, 2011

Bright and Dark...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are doing well out there! I have a lot to share as usual from the Mill. First, I have entered CMYK Magazine's Top 100 New Creatives competition and I'm really excited about the pieces I entered. I'm hoping for the best. Take a look at my entry page, their layout is really nice and puts everyone on an even playing field. Wish me luck!


I have scheduled a ton of shoots both for personal projects and for clients and I'm really excited about all of them. One of the shoots I'm especially excited about involves the outfit below + a swarthy looking fellow + mischief and maybe a black eye. It's almost as much fun preparing for these shoots as it is actually shooting them (though washing those pants in my bathtub got a little crazy). Standby for greatness!


Have I found some neat stuff for your eyes this week Kiddies! First, have you ever heard of Wladyslaw T. Benda the famous mask maker? Neither had I, but Etsy posted a blurb about him on their blog and I was blown away! The work is impeccable and the shots of the masks are dark and moody. I love it. {Most of these images came from Chromium Dumb Belle Blog, which is neat in its own right.}


And if you love days gone by/classic 1940's/50's life as much as I do, you need to stop by Neat Stuff Blog. Every post is chock full of great old snap shots of how people lived back then. The fashions and architecture and cars are fascinating. This post of Kodachrome shots of New York City is especially amazing. Here are a few of my favorites:


Let's wrap up with a bit of odd news, shall we? Apparently, there is a 103 year old judge still hearing cases in Wichita, KS. Now, I'd be the last person to say that working while you can is a bad idea, but really? He was literally appointed by John F. Kennedy and he says he'll be leaving office "feet first"... Wow. I hope Kansas doesn't get any cases that require a young mind, they'll be out of luck.

"As I've told you, and your father before you, and his father before him, and his father before him: Marijuana still isn't legal in the U.S. Now get oughta my courtroom!"

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: