Monday, April 4, 2011

Kong vs. El Tigre...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well. To start, fresh from the studio, I have some brand new work to share with you. This new mini-series entitled Kong vs. El Tigre, was inspired by lucha libre (and because I had access to a gorilla suit, you take what you can get Folks). I think it came out really well and it was a ton of fun to shoot. A big thank you goes out to my Sweetie for donning the gorilla suit and flailing all over a mattress to get just the right shot. Here are some hi-lights:


I have also started putting custom stencils on vintage luggage. I'm creating these like small works of art complete with signature because they really are one of kind. The first piece, entitled Orange Skull, is available at Lalo Boutique here in Portland. I have more neat stencils in the works and I'm happy to stencil a piece you already own, so feel free to shoot me an email if you have a laptop case, suitcase, makeup bag, etc... that needs dressing up!


Have you guys heard of the site Nileguide? It's great for finding cool places to visit when you're traveling, and they did an article on 8 Abandoned Amusement Parks Abroad "open for exploration" that people have been visiting for years to take photos. And the photos are amazing. Take a look, and visit the site for more!


Have you ever seen photography that's so timeless, it truly looks like it was just photographed yesterday? The work of Pete Turner struck me that way. I looked at his site, and it looked really contemporary, and then I noticed the dates were all in the 50's. Great eye, great color, a joy to peruse. Do yourself a favor and take a peek. Here are my favorites:


And speaking of classic, one of my favorite movies is Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (of course). I found this great still from the set that I'd never seen before. Hitchcock was apparently showing Anthony Perkins how to be foreboding even when merely standing still. Great stuff.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: