Monday, April 11, 2011

Dry Bones...

Hello Lovelies~

So much to share, so let's get started! First off, I was archiving and organizing my photos recently and came across a ton of shots from some classic car shows I've attended and I thought I'd throw them up on Flickr for your enjoyment. I have an exciting collaboration coming this summer with a man who has an extensive car collection and he's agreed to let me use them for some conceptual work. I'll post those photos here too, so follow along and add/or me as a contact.


And I was reading one of the blogs I follow the other day and saw this adorable old video of the Lennon Sisters singing Dry Bones. The costumes? The dancing? That little one at the end? So cute.



Something else to share with you all, have you seen the work of Christopher Conn Askew? It's like nothing I've ever seen before, a mix of tattoo and geisha art with an Indian influence. I love it. His mix of symbols and overall aesthetic remind me of Camilla Rose Garcia's work... which is brilliant. Take a look at some examples:


And let's wrap it up with a movie recommendation, shall we? I just watched the 1968 movie The Boston Strangler last night and man is it creepy. Based on the real life events surrounding the murders in Boston, the strangler is played by Tony Curtis who I like, but I never thought much of him as an actor. Well, he surprised me in this role, he was by turns pathetic, murderous, crazy and creepy and they had him wear brown contacts so those blue eyes of his look almost black. Plus, it stars a ton of other greats like Henry Fonda. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: