Monday, May 23, 2011

Bowling You Over...

Hello Lovelies!

This is going to be a long one, my Dears. There's a lot going on here. First, I have some new work to show you hot and fresh from the studio! Here are a few of the shots from my Shriner Bowling Team series. We had such a good time and so many laughs, these boys were great. It's shoots like this that make this so much fun for me. Find the rest on my Flickr stream here.


We've had literally weeks of rain up here, but Saturday, I went down to Boston for the day and the sun was out all day long and I snapped this shot called Star Spangled Banners. I just listed it in my shop. Perfect art photo for summer!


I just shot yet another mini-series last weekend that I know you'll love. I will give you a hint, it involves the 3 things below in some way. Can you guess what the series is about??? Give it a shot and post your guesses here. I may give something to the person whose guess is closest to the idea.


And speaking of going to Boston, I actually went down just to see the Elegant Enigmas: The Art of Edward Gorey show at the Boston Athenaeum. Wow. I was blown away. The level of detail and pure creativity I saw was truly unparalleled. Gorey combines the ingenious lingual turns of Dr. Seuss with the unique imagery of Salvador Dali in my opinion. It's like nothing your eyes have ever seen probably. If you live close, I highly recommend checking it out. It closes this weekend. Great stuff.


While we're talking about artists, I wanted to introduce you to Alan Plowdrill's work. Alan is a photographer and he does work that I adore. He has a great eye and a great sense of humor and I want to be his friend. Check out his portfolio, especially his Pipe Up, Shut It, and Tashmen series. It will make you laugh and your eyes will like it. (Especially that dummy down there...)


And speaking of dummies, I'm going to wrap up with this epic photo I found in the LIFE Archives the other day. There really isn't much to say about it, except it's hilarious, oh, and it's my worst nightmare come to life.

Never turn your back on a dummy (or a clown for that matter).

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: