Monday, May 2, 2011

Sexy Shipwrecks...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there this week! I have been a very busy bee here lately. I'm particularly excited about a shoot I did on location for a client this past weekend. I don't want to spoil the surprise (because much work still needs to be done to prepare those shots), but they came out beautifully. I think you'll thoroughly enjoy them.

Here's a hint:


I have more exciting shoots over the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Have you heard of the work of Alan Wolfson? It's amazing stuff you guys. He does very detailed sculptures of urban scenes in New York and elsewhere; subway cars, strip clubs, convenience stores. He uses photos of the actual sites for reference and his attention to detail is so amazing, you can't really tell a well-photographed piece of his work from the real thing. Check it out:


And while we're talking about great artists, let me introduce you to the work of Matt Sartain. His Misadventures series in particular caught my eye recently. It's comprised of almost cinematic quality photos that all but force you to make up a narrative to accompany them. (My favorite is that French nobleman in the mask gesturing to the hot air balloon.) I mean, really? It's beautiful, amazing stuff.


I would like to wrap up by recommending a documentary I had been meaning to see since I saw it mentioned on Lost At E Minor's site: Marwencol. I finally had an opportunity to see it and I was really moved. I don't want to spoil the story, because it's a good one, by turns hopefully, funny and heartbreaking. Suffice it to say, it had a strong affect on me and you should take a look and let me know what you think.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: