Monday, May 16, 2011

Shriners with Shiners...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there this week! We've been having a wet spring here in New England, which is great. (It makes me feel like I'm not missing much when I'm shooting in the studio on the weekends.) As promised, here are the latest shots, entitled Shriner with a Shiner (yes, those are parakeets), and Crazy Band. These were so much fun to do, the model was great and the outfit was drop-dead. I just listed them for sale in my shop if you like crazy things (which, if you're here, you do).


I just did another wonderful shoot this past weekend that I will share next week, so prepare yourselves, I'm cranking them out these days!

My Lovely and I just spent two wonderful days at the Brimfield Antique Show in Massachusetts, digging through boxes, climbing into tents and haggling with dealers and it was a ton of fun as always! I found some amazing pieces I'll be using in future shoots, as well as the loot pictured below. (I am getting those dark framed glasses converted into sunglasses for summer. I've been looking for a neat vintage pair for years and I'm really excited I found some!) More pictures on my Flickr page.


I just found an amazing artist: John Frame. He is a sculptor and stop-motion animation director who is making a film called The Tale of the Crippled Boy, a feature-length piece comprised of vignettes. His work is beautiful and amazing as you can tell from the stills below. He is taking donations to help him finish the project and I gave a little. If you like what you see and want to see the film finished, you may help out here. Amazing work.


Speaking of amazing, have you heard of Lisa Swerling's Glass Cathedrals? Wow you guys, she's neat. She takes little people and puts them into little worlds and then makes profound statements. It's been done, but never this concisely in my opinion and the little people are almost heartbreakingly wee down there. Take a peek, good stuff.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

cabin + cub said...

Great vintage finds! I love the peacock tie.
I love finding and hunting for great vintage pieces... the thrill of the hunt!

Unknown said...

I used the peacock tie just this week in a shoot! I love the hunt too! ;D