Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot Sun, Cool Pics

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you're all well out there in blog land! So much to share as usual here. First, in the business arena, I photographed a great family last weekend in the studio and I thought I'd share some shots from that. Their son Sam will be featured in a new art shot that I will be sharing with you next week. They were so much fun to work with (and their son's hair is to die for), take a peek!


If you're not from Maine, you probably don't know what Moxie is. (I had never heard of it before I moved here.) It is a soda made from gentian root which has an unusual flavor. Every year, Lisbon Falls has the Moxie Festival and they kick it off with fireworks and a parade. I went to the parade last weekend and it was wonderful! One of the best parades I've seen in a long time. I got some great shots too (see some below and the rest on my Flickr page here).

Not to send you away from this blog, but I've mentioned in the past that I do another blog with my good friend, who is a writer. It's called Phantomas. I shoot pics and he writes original works of fiction to accompany them. Well, the blog has moved to Tumblr, where all the cool kids are apparently. Be sure to follow us over there if you like old buildings, fictional musings and pretty pictures (I think you'll enjoy our romps).


Have you guys heard of Ben Strawn? His work is amazing and like nothing I've ever seen before. He paints on clear plastic sheets and distresses them and layers them so you get an almost encaustic look, but softer. And some of them look like photographs with painting over the top. They remind me of the zoo scenes in that Batman movie that had the Penguin in it... was it 3? Anyway, I love it. I want one of his pieces so badly. Take a look.


Let's wrap up with a movie recommendation, shall we? Are there any horror fans out there? Well, you're in luck. I just watched Grace, a movie about a vampire baby that despite my initial misgivings, was really well done. Creepy and moody and the focus they use made things seem more urgent. I give it 4 out of 5 corncobs! Check it out.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: