Monday, July 18, 2011

Tiny Satyr...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there. I have been super busy lately on many things (some of which I can't share at the moment), but this is the one I am most excited about: my latest shot! This piece is entitled Sam the Satyr and I just want to squeeze him (and yes, he's that cute in real life). Mythology + Babies = Adorable. You can see a bigger version here. More exciting projects are just around the bend, Kiddies, stay tuned!


And my Green Canoe shot was featured on the front page of Etsy this week! (A very sweet Facebook follower said she didn't mention seeing it because it probably happens to me all the time. I informed her that it rarely ever happens, but thanked her for the compliment. I love my followers!)


Do you have a mobile device that needs prettying up? Have you heard of Gelaskins? Well, it's time you did. They have artist-designed skins for over 100 devices from laptops to cell phones and they're really nice. The hard part will be picking just one. Here are a few I like a lot:


Have you guys heard of Public School? It's a great art site that features a mix of all mediums and topics and they really keep it fresh. They had a whole post featuring ventriloquist dummies the other day that creeped me right out. I thought I'd share (so I can sleep tonight)...


And speaking of ventriloquist dummies, I must be a glutton for punishment because that Public School post made me remember that I still need to watch Magic, starring Anthony Hopkins. Everything about this movie looks terrifying; it stars Hannibal Lecter, the dummy appears to be an alter ego, they dress alike(?!?!) and there is all possible murdering involved. I probably won't be able to sleep for weeks, but alas, I'll watch it anyway. I'll let you know how it goes...

Dear God, what is going on in this scene?!

Until next time: Unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Page Clothier/A Velvet Leaf said...

From an adorable satyr to one of the ultimate creepy things- ventriloquist dummies! You always cover a wide range of interesting things- love it!

Unknown said...

Hahaha. Thank you! Yes, my posts certainly run the gamut, don't they. :)