Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Raining Pom-Poms...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there! So much to share this week, as usual. To start, I shot an amazing engagement session last weekend and I wanted to share some of the finished shots with you. We shot out at an abandoned boys camp and braved bats, ticks and spiders to get these amazing shots. More can be seen on my Flickr page. Thank you to all the amazing people who helped and to Erik and Sarah for letting me play! If you're local to Maine and want a beautiful (and fun) session of your own, contact me!


I also just wrapped a shot for another client that I'll give you a hint about. Yeah, that's an apple with black glitter on it. What do you think we were shooting? Any idea? I should be posting those final images next week!


And, I have an amazing shoot coming up this weekend that's the biggest one I've ever done! We are shooting a Clue-inspired shoot in a great old building in the area, complete with butler, victim and of course, all the usual suspects. In fact, I am posting an image clue a day for the next week on my Twitter page. Gather all 7 clues and be the first person to name them all in order on my Facebook wall and you win the Clue print of your choice once I post them for sale in my shop. Make sense? 7 clues via Twitter, post them first in order on my Facebook wall next Monday, get a print. And for my blog followers, here is the first one I posted today! (That's the Colonel Mustard shirt getting dyed by yours truly... I have the orange thumbs to prove it!)


All these shoots have me trolling the Goodwill stores for pieces and I found a couple of items I had to buy for future shoots, or I may sell them. A vintage Pendleton men's shirt with a nice, bright plaid on it and I bright red wool men's vest. You never know what you'll find!


Have you heard of Christina Ung? She's an illustrator with a sort of James Jean style who makes slightly unsettling but always beautiful and delicate work. She ran a promo recently where she'd send you an art postcard signed if you sent her $1 shipping. Well, I did it because I loved the image and sure enough, I got it the other day! Take a look at her portfolio... good stuff.




Until next time... unpleasant dreams.

No comments: