Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Some Art Openings...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are doing well out there as usual. Things are getting even busier here as I am juggling some openings in addition to various shoots and projects that have fallen into my lap. That equals long hours, but I am happy for the work! My opening for my Godfather work at the Motorland Vintage American space was a success! Almost 300 people showed up to look at the old cars and to look at my work, which is great. We had a beautiful night for it and I was so happy (and honored) to be the first artist to be featured in this newly remodeled and uniquely industrial space. Here are some shots from the opening!





I have another opening for my CLUE series at the Masonic Lodge in downtown Portland, Maine this Friday, September 7th for the First Friday Art Walk! I am also the first artist to be featured at this unique venue and I am really excited to show this work right in the location where it was shot! Come if you're local: 415 Congress Street, 5-8pm. I think there may even be food and beverages.


And after a couple of setbacks, I finally shot my most recent secret project. You remember the one, here was the hint I gave. So, that should be up this week or early next. Keep an eye out, it's a funny one!


As you all may or may not know, I am a huge fan of House Industries. Their entire look is perfect and I've used several of their Photo Lettering offerings in various projects in the past. They're just too good. Well, imagine my pleasant surprise when I found an entire Instagram feed dedicated to House eye candy! I really can't get enough... here are just a few of the pics they've posted recently...




And since we're approaching my favorite season (Fall) and my favorite holiday (Halloween), I have some darker things I want to share to start getting you in the mood! To start, I am a huge fan of EC Comics (the comics from the 40's and 50's that produced all the material for Tales from the Crypt), as I think I've mentioned. Well, I stumbled upon this great set of masks recently, inspired by some of the scenes and characters from the original comic book. I love these, but they are (sadly) sold out.


Let's wrap up with an amazing photo I found recently of one of my favorites: Vincent Price. I love everything about this shot; his face, that bat, the lighting?! It's making me happy today...


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: