Monday, September 17, 2012

Super Douche & Some Bowling...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there. Things here have gone from busy to literally straight up insane. I have a ton of big projects coming up that I can't wait to share! To start, I have a project I just finished that I dropped today. This shot was inspired by the vintage ad for hair product that I found below. I just thought the image of this woman killing herself 3 different ways because her hair was a mess was just too much. So, I did my own version. I absolutely love how it came out and it will be available soon as a fine art print in the shop and over at Society6! And because I love the beautiful Sarah and her amazing look, I couldn't resist taking some additional shots of her for fun. Such a good time. Thank you, Sarah!



Also in the business vein, I just dropped a ton of new product over at STAG this past week! I am trying to ramp the shop inventory up for the holiday season so you have plenty of great vintage gifts from which to choose when the time comes. I will also be dropping some vintage Halloween items in the coming week or so and some costumes for your All Hallow's Eve needs. (I just did a shoot of promotional pieces to accompany these holiday offerings with my STAG man and I can't wait to show those off as well.) The great vintage green fedora, 1920's era carbonator for cocktails with fizz, and the vintage game pieces below are but a few of the neat things at STAG right now.




One of my good friends recently turned 40, so he threw a little bowling party over the weekend and I had more fun than I expected. I mean, I totally stink at bowling, but I was happy to roll my frames and then spend the rest of my time photographing the party and sipping my beer at the beautiful Bayside Bowl in Portland! There are more great pics here. So much fun and so much vintage goodness to bowling.





I picked up a great independent comic/'zine the other day from one of my faves, Rhode Montijo called the Halloween Kid and it is amazing. I follow him on Facebook and I was lucky enough to snag a copy before the first run sold out. Well, a day later, it showed up in the mail with a cute sticker of Skeletown and a plastic bat ring!!! (I was almost as happy about the bat ring as I was about that 'zine, I'm not going to lie.) A great artist making fun, Halloween and vintage-inspired work.


I'm going to wrap up with an amazing photo that a good friend posted on my wall today. Yep, that's Anne Margaret with a turtle on a leash that also has a very cute purple umbrella on its back. It's images like this, simple, strange, funny that just get my brain going. Maybe I'll do a version with a snake...


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: