Monday, October 15, 2012

Sweet Apples & Chilly Nights...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you are doing well out there. Things here are busy as usual and I have so much to share. To start, I have dropped several prints into the shop for the upcoming holiday season (and because it had been awhile). The following prints are now available: the humorous Super Douche, S'Mores, The Birds & Maine Orchard (the last two are pictured below). A lot of great things just for you.


I recently completed a great project for a client that I want to share with you. I have worked with Motorland Vintage America on several projects in the past, including my Godfather series, last year's Halloween shoot and of course Beauty is the Beast. All fun projects. The latest collaboration is entitled: Vacationland. We took 6 classic camp cars out into the Maine woods and recreated a guys' weekend away, complete with fishing rods, shot guns oh, and a Yeti attack. Yeti attack, say what?!??! That's right. A. Yeti. Attack. (Basically, I was allowed to have fun there at the end...) Take a look! That final shot is entitled S'Mores and it is available in my shop right now. Good times, you guys.


And speaking of fun, I recently shot this year's Halloween card and I can't wait to share that with you all! Once I send those out, I will post that shot here. It's creepy-good. Standby for that...

I've been getting into the Fall spirit recently by doing some Fall baking! We went apple picking a couple of weeks ago and a friend of mine gave me her Grandma's recipe for a crumble top apple pie which we tried (it was delicious) and then we did a traditional crust top apple pie (which was also delicious) and then we whipped up a batch of pumpkin chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that I decorated with some metallic sprinkles. Those were also... delicious. I love Fall baking, doing you?


I have also dropped a ton of new stuff over at STAG recently, including some warm, fuzzy vintage flannel shirts for the boys and even some Halloween items for the rest of you folks! Here are just a few items available right now...


And, as if I wasn't already on Halloween overload (there is no such thing), I commissioned a wonderful piece of original work by Zach over at Deviant Art. (Here is his online portfolio.) I can't wait to get it!!! He is great to work with, I just sent some photos of vintage Halloween costumes that I loved and told him I wanted a vintage-inspired Halloween illustration and he did the work below. Amazing. And he is currently accepting commissions. Hit him up!


I'll wrap up with this little gem a friend alerted me to as some of you prepare for those Halloween shindigs: What Makes a Good Party (1950-Coronet Instructional Films). This is just... I won't spoil it, take a look:


 Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: