Monday, October 1, 2012

Stag in the Fall Woods...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope this week finds you all well and (if you're in the Northern Hemisphere) getting all cozied up for fall! The weather here in Maine has cooled significantly and the leaves are changing quite rapidly. I think this coming weekend could be the peak of leaf season and that's a bit early. However, I have my Halloween card shoot this weekend, so if the weather cooperates, that will make those shots amazing!

Speaking of new work, I just posted all of my Stag promotional photography for my Halloween release today! I have some fun vintage Halloween items (costumes, props and party games) just for the season going into Stag this week, so I created some 60's-inspired photography to get people excited for the products and for the holiday! Here are some shots and the rest are over here. Keep an eye on Stag as things drop, I really can't believe how fast things sell over there.



I have a fun project coming up and I'm putting a call out there for two women and two men! If you're local and interested, you can message me or shout out on my Stapelia page under the casting call. I will post that this week. Yep, that's right, I have 4 Lucha Libre masks and I want to shoot a 'gang' of Luchas in hideous 70's era garb + masks. (Think, the anchor team fight scene in Anchor Man below.) So if you're outgoing, funny and love polyester... give me a shout. This is going to be good...





Enough work talk, I have some great things to share this week too! First up, have you ever read the Paris Review? (Don't feel bad, neither had I before last week.) Well, it's full of great literary interviews and I stumbled upon a great one by my favorite author, Ray Bradbury, that I thought I would share with you guys. It's not a long read, but I just loved everything about it especially that bit about Mr. Electro at the end. Check it out here.


And speaking of great artists, I found the pumpkin carvings of Dan Szczepanski recently and I couldn't believe it. (Sure, we've all heard of Ray Villifane's work and you really can't top that, plus he uses real pumpkins.) Szczepanski's work is done on artificial pumpkins, which I think might make things a bit easier and crisper, but I love what he does with lighting, depth of cuts and color. Check out some of his work below, or on his Flickr feed above!




And for those delicate agriculturists out there with an herb garden or wee backyard vegetable patch to tend, there's this little gem: Farming with Dynamite. Say what?! I wish I could see those tips...


Until next time: Unpleasant dreams...

No comments: