Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wee Darklings...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you are all well out there this week! Things here are busy as usual, but I have finally completed all of my business-related Halloween tasks, including my annual Halloween card! This year's card was a ton of fun to do, despite some weather issues and a reschedule. The kids I used in this shot were amazing and patient and focused. I got really lucky. Take a look at the card shot and some portraits I took for the kids' parents. Perfect 1950's, eh? (You may view the rest over on Flickr if you're so inclined.)




What else? Oh! Well, things over at STAG are really humming along! In just a couple of months, I've had over 60 sales and I have shipped things to Canada, Australia, Germany and all over the U.S. I also recently had an order from a photographer in New York who needed some cocktail picks from the shop overnighted to her for a shoot! I wonder if they'll be famous? But, there is so much more to come to the shop. I am making a concerted effort to really pump up my inventory for the holiday season and now Etsy offers Gift Cards! So, if you love vintage, or have your eye on something, stop on by and give the man in your life the gift of timeless style and class.
So, I have been tasked with creating a Halloween costume for one of my nieces this year and maybe you followers out there can help. She wants to be a "robot monkey." Does anyone know what that means??? I mean, I was picturing sort of a Flying Monkey meets a robot. Maybe.

Like this, only less creepy gorilla.



Or this, only less idiotic grown man in a monkey suit, more cute child in a monkey suit.



Or this? Terminator + a spider monkey?!


I don't know, but it's going to be interesting regardless, and I'll post pictures of what we come up with next week.

And speaking of crazy, I found this amazing old ad that really ran in magazines and stuff, for Thorazine. (For those of you not in the know, Thorazine is used today to treat schizophrenia and dissociative disorder. It's hard core.) I don't know why this ad frightens/makes me want to laugh so much. Maybe it's the old man and the cane. Maybe it's the horrible overdose of horse tranquilizers they were regularly prescribing back then to old people. Whatever the reason, this ad is a win in my book!


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: