Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meanwhile...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there! A lot of projects going on behind the scenes, so this will be a week of cool things I've found and want to share with you all! First, some teasers for you. Any science fiction fans out there? Anyone like 70's sci fi as much as I do? Well, if you do, you may recognize these movie stills. One of the projects I'm working on involves this movie.




And I have been hired this month to do a ton of what I call Chapters in Life shoots. What are those? Births, Engagements, Maternity, etc. One client wanted to put a funny spin on her maternity shots, soooo, we're doing this idea. Sort of. Just wait... it's going to be amazing with a capital "A."


I found a beautiful photo book that I wanted to share with you. It's called American Beauty and it's full of portraits of women in America today beautifully photographed. Now, granted, most of these women are wealthy and friends of the photographer's, but I think this is a project that could be done with strangers as well. I find portraits and short bios of a cross-section of American life to be a fascinating thing. But, until then, there's this upper-crust version to feast your eyes upon...

Any Dads out there? There's a great new magazine called Kindling Quarterly that's just for hip, modern daddies. The photography looks great from what I can tell and the articles are interesting too. They're actually printing this one, it's not just online like so many mags today, so if this peaks your interest, you can click that link and subscribe! Good stuff...






I'm sure most of you know there's a new Great Gatsby coming out this summer starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan, but have you seen the trailer?! Wow. I wasn't planning on seeing it, actually. But the trailer made it look beautiful and emotional and relevant. It was directed by the same person who directed Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet and his style sort of brings a sense of heightened drama and modern relevance to fairly traditional literature. I think he's done it again with this one. See the trailer here.





Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: