Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quiet Snow & Geishas...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there as usual! Things here are going splendidly. A lot of different projects that stretch my photographic skills across the entire gamut; artistic shots, lifestyle shots, lifestyle shots that need to look artistic. I love the process and appreciate the opportunities!

To start, I am doing an exciting collaboration with one of my favorite makeup artists to enter a top secret competition next year. These are makeup-centered shots that push the envelope with techniques and execution. (I'm just there to make her look good photographically. Haha.) So, we're giving it our all and hoping for the best! Here is the first shot of the series that I'm calling Snow Geisha. This is my first time working with this model, but it won't be my last. I love her look and despite the fact that she's Native American, we were able to tip the scales to Asian with makeup. I hope you like it!


I have also dropped a ton of new things over at STAG this past week! Some of the items are pretty cool this time around, including this great 1970's wallpaper with gold backing, men's leather train travel slippers in a leather case, a wack-o merry-go-round cake kit and the cream on top: a rare set of 4 sake glasses that have nude women in the bottom of them. But only when you fill them with liquid! Stop on by and peep out the goods if you like vintage, or if you need a unique gift for someone!





Oh! And I wanted to share this amazing purchase I made recently with you Kiddies. I am not a big clothes person and I really like shoes even less. If I shop a couple of times a year, that's a good year for me. I just don't have the interest. But, when I saw these boots, I literally bought them immediately. I had to! They're so me: masculine and practical with a feminine touch. I can't wait to get them, I'll show you a picture when I do!



And I have found an amazing photographer - CGI man whose undersea series I wanted to share with you: Andreas Franke. Heard of him? No? Well, a quick trip to that website will give you a taste of the amazing. But, he did a series (and may still be shooting it), featuring underwater shipwreck photography, paired with images of the people who might have walked the decks back then! Mad men, fighters, lovers, people from Marie Antoinette's day, which doesn't even make sense, but who cares? Beautiful and fun imagery. Take a look:





And I am getting ready to start a huge personal project that has a lot to do with this guy. That's right: Norman Rockwell. It will probably take me all year (if not longer), to execute all of the shots I have in mind, but when it's done, it will be on par with my Zom-B-Vex, Cigar, Creeper & Dark Circus and Sideshow and Venomous Vixens projects. I can't wait to start!

And this is probably how he would have reacted to what I'm getting ready to do...
Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: